Friday, March 14, 2008

"The Beaded Moccasins"


My Gramma Sarah brought me a new book to read last week called "The Beaded Moccasins" by Lynda Durrant. I like it because it is godly and a true story about an eleven year old girl named Mary. On her 12 th Birthday, she gets taken away by Indians to be the new grandaughter to Netawatwees, the chief of the Delaware Indians.

I also like the book because she learns the lesson about not being selfish and to be thankful for what she has. She helps the Indians in saving their corn. She used her bare fingers, working the hardest. Everybody else used shovels.

The beaded moccasins belonged to the real grandaughter of Netawatwees. When she died and they captured Mary Caroline Campbell, the beaded moccasins were given to her by Hepte her new mom.

I think that any kids who like reading the Little House Series Books would like this book. I sure did!

No comments: